Hey guys! So I'm sure most of you know about a little book series called The Hunger Games, if not I highly advise you to check them out! They are some of the best books I've read in a while! I actually read the back of the book and thought it sounded boring but ended up buying it on my kindle since it was only 5 bucks, needless to say I was wrong and couldn't put it down! The movie is coming out on March 23rd (Woot Woot!) and is expected a hot one for the box office this year! In conjunction with the movie coming out, Lionsgate and China Glaze teamed up to bring you Capitol Colours. This collection has been drama filled, from not being able to decide to do "character" themed names or "Capitol" names to not even releasing the collection period. In the end this collection of 12 is named after Districts 1-12 (not including the actual Capitol) and based on what each District is responsible for. I myself purchased 8 of the 12 polishes and that's what I'm going to show and describe to you below. I'm also going to include the original "character" themed names, which I personally prefer. lol. So let's get started!
- Smoke and ashes (originally "Fight to the Finish") - District 12 (Mining)
- Agro (originally "We could Runaway) - District 11 (Agriculture)
- Foie Gras (Originally Rebel) - District 10 (Live Stock)
- Harvest Moon (Originally Cinna-mon) - District 9 (Grain)
- Dress me up (Originally Primrose) - District 8 (Textiles)
- Fast Track (Originally Catnip) - District 6 (Transportation)
- Riveting (Originally Fire in Flight) - District 3 (Technology)
- Luxe and Lush (originally Flaming Gems) - District 1 (luxury)
|Over "Dress me up"|
|Over "Foie Gras"|
Overall I really loved this collection, obviously since I bought 8 of them (haha). I feel like most of these are very unique and a little cheaper then OPI and Essie. I purchased all of these from Sallys Beauty Supply. The colors I decided to skip out on are:
- Hook and Line - Grey with a slight grey undertone. Metallic finish.
- Stone Cold - Sparkly deep grey (almost black). Matte finish.
- Mahogany Magic - True mahogany color (in my opinion a "poop brown") lol. Satin Finish
- Electrify - Orange and yellow glitter suspended in a clear base.
Check out my favorite makeup brushes :http://www.sigmabeauty.com/?Click=160988
Thank you for all of the feedback on my Facebook page! Please leave comments telling me what posts you want to see in the future or if there's any request's! : )
Also a HUGE thanks to Jessica Rienhart for the extra set of hands! : )